December 19, 2010

Unemployment, Bread Lines, Hoovervilles, and Foreclosures

March 1931.

Unemployment has rose to a record high of 25% nation wide! Wow! And another 25% can only find part-time work while others take major payment cuts. This has definitely been a direct result of business failure. I'm one of the 25% that has a part time job, and who knows how long it will last me. My father has taken a payment cut and my mother is unemployed and taking care of my younger brother and sister at home. It's hard for us, but it's harder for others who are starving and going to bread lines because they can't afford to buy any food. Others have no homes and have had to build hoovervilles, or homeless camps, to have a roof over their heads. Others have not even that. They walk and walk looking for ways to survive but have lost hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment